Sunday 27 April 2014

Anzac Biscuits


Anzac day, a fitting day to make Anzac biscuits! I've never eating too much Anzac biscuits in my lifetime but I do find them quite tasty (apart from choking on the desiccated coconut). The recipe is quite simple and probably the easiest cookie I've made to date! I noticed that the cookies do not spread much when baked, so I had to manually flatten them. For a softer biscuit, flatten less and bake for less. Vice versa for a crunchier biscuit.



Anzac Biscuits
(Print Friendly Version Here)

Ingredients 

  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup desiccated coconut
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 125g unsalted butter
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 tbsp honey (or golden syrup)
  • 2 tbsp water

Cooking Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 170deg.
  2. Melt butter, water and honey in a pan
  3. Once melted, add baking soda. The mix should froth up.
  4. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
  5. Spoon dough into 1 tbsp portions and flatten.
  6. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.


No comments:

Post a Comment